Wang Jianjiahe also holds the world record in women's 400m
Chinese teen Wang Jianjiahe has broken the women’s 1500m freestyle Asian record.
Swimming World Magazine reports that Chinese teen Wang Jianjiahe has just broken the Asian record for women’s 1500m freestyle.
On the first night of the 2019 TYR Pro Swim Series from Des Moines on Wednesday, Wang swam the race in 15:46.69.
Her time places her at sixth all-time in the event and second in the world rankings behind Katie Ledecky (15:45.59).
She also beat Chinese competitor Li Bingjie’s record of 15:52.87 in September 2017
In October, 16-year-old Hangzhou-born swimmer broke the world record for the women’s 400m in just 3:53.97. She was also the Asian Games gold medalist in the 1500 last year.
1. Katie Ledecky, USA, 15:20.48 (2018)
2. Lotte Friis, DEN, 15:38.88 (2013)
3. Lauren Boyle, NZL, 15:40.14 (2015)
4. Kate Ziegler, USA, 15:42.54 (2007)
5. Alessia Filippi, ITA, 15:44.93 (2009)
6. Wang Jianjiahe, CHN, 15:46.69 (2019)
7. Boglarka Kapas, HUN, 15:47.09 (2015)
8. Jazz Carlin, GBR, 15:47.26 (2013)