"It will showcase to the world how diverse we Asian Americans actually are"
Hulu will be streaming the first season of Asian American stand-up series Comedy InvAsiaion.
As reported by Rafu, the first every Asian American stand-up television series Comedy InvAsian will be streaming on Hulu.
The series is produced by Koji Steven Sakai, Quentin Lee and Viva Pictures’ Victor Elizalde. Sakai and Lee created the series and Lee directed as well.
Each episode features top Asian American comedians who will perform a one-hour special
Comedy InvAsian‘s first season includes:
- Laugh Factory comedian and Kollaboration founder Paul Kim
- Japanese American comedian Atsuko Okatsuka
- Chinese Canadian Broadway musical YouTube sensation Kevin Yee
- Filipino American comedian Joey Guila
- Vietnamese American comedian Robin Tran
- Japanese American comedian and actress Amy Hill
“We are thrilled and honored to have our first season of ‘Comedy InvAsian’ being launched on Hulu,” said Lee. “‘Comedy InvAsian’ is particularly relevant in this era of #metoo and Donald Trump. It will showcase to the world how diverse we Asian Americans actually are.”
Comedy InvAsian will be available exclusively on Hulu from 1 August 2018.